Shanghai, September 10, 2017 – Audi R8 LMS Cup stars Cheng Congfu and Anthony Liu made an impressive China GT Championship debut in their BBT Audi R8 LMS GT3 this weekend, taking a second place in Round 7 and going on to win Round 8 in impressive style. However, due to the team’s ‘guest entry’ status they received no championship points.
A fourth and a sixth place finish in Rounds 7 and 8 respectively for Wang Liang and Martin Rump in the #8 Kings Racing Audi R8 LMS GT3 brought the pair vital championship points. Alex Yoong, teaming up with Xu Jia for the first time in the #7 Kings Racing Audi R8 LMS GT3, finished sixth overall in Round 7 and third in Round 8.
A challenging weekend for the Phoenix Racing Asia-run Audi Hong Kong entries, saw Marchy Lee and Alex Au secure the team’s best results of the weekend, seventh in Round 7 and eighth in Round 8.
Wang Liang (115 points) now sits third in the GT3 drivers’ championship, just one point off the top spot, with teammate Martin Rump (113 points) two points behind in fourth. Xu Jia is close behind in fifth overall on 109 points.
In the GTC class, run for the first time as part of the GT3 races, Liang Kaifeng and Pu Shu finished third in both races in the Tianshi Racing Team Audi R8 LMS Cup car, enough to see them top the China GT Audi Challenge podiums.
2017 China GT Championship
2. 37/Cheng Congfu/Anthony Liu/BBT/+2.230
4. 8/Wang Liang/Martin Rump/Kings Racing/+22.032
6. 7/Xu Jia/Alex Yoong/Kings Team/+35.841
7. 6/Marchy Lee/Alex Au/Audi Hong Kong/+39.795
8. 16/Melvin Moh/Lim Keong Wee/Audi Hong Kong/+1:11.326
3. 100/Liang Kaifeng/Pu Shu/Tianshi Racing Team/+20.267
9. 58/Zhang Jian/Li Huiwei/300+/+1:57.048
13. 19/Terry Huang/Chang Jiong/Tianshi Racing Team/+3 laps
14. 11/Yuan Ting Ting/300+/+3 laps
Round 8 Results
1. 37/Cheng Congfu/Anthony Liu/BBT/2:08.577
3. 7/Xu Jia/Alex Yoong Kings Racing /+4.489
6. 8/Wang Liang/Martin Rump/ Kings Racing /+8.646
8. 6/Marchy Lee/Alex Au/Audi Hong Kong/+1:08.673
9. 16/Melvin Moh/Lim Keong Wee/Audi Hong Kong/+1:17.948
3. 100/Liang Kaifeng/Pu Shu/Tianshi Racing Team/+9.943
DNF. 11/Yuan Ting Ting/300+
DNF. 19/Terry Huang/Chang Jiong/Tianshi Racing Team
DNF. 58/Zhang Jian/Li Huiwei/300+